Based in The Netherlands
11 April 2019
Staxel is a creative farming & village game with a cast of quirky villagers. Build your farmhouse, help villagers, take to the wilds to fish or hunt bugs, and grow a variety of crops. If you’re feeling social, you can even invite your friends over to share in the fun! When you’re not hanging out with your neighbours or working on your farm, you could be pursuing a new hobby, completing one of many collections, spending your hard-earned money on precious seeds, or lending a hand and making your mark on the town!
Staxel began development in 2014 after Bart van der Werf departed from his role as a programmer on Starbound with Chucklefish. Staxel started as a two-man team, with Bart as lead developer and Conor Goodman in charge of art direction. Along the way the team expanded to nine talented individuals. You can read more about them below. Staxel was inspired by town-life classics such as Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon. These influences, combined with a healthy dose of creative vision, helped shape Staxel’s design.
- Meet and befriend the villagers.
- A wide selection of hobbies to get stuck in with.
- Grow and improve your village however you like.
- A rich and rewarding farming system.
- Extensive character customisation to create a character unique to you.
- Invite your friends to join you via online multiplayer.
- Explore exotic lands, from deep crystal-laiden caverns to floating mushroom islands
Download Media Content
Logo & Icon
- "Staxel (...) is a kid-friendly game that offers plenty of depth for adults to enjoy as well."
- Jessica Conditt, Engadget
- "Staxel the Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon Hybrid Game."
- PotatoMax, MyPotatoGames
- "Minecraft Meets Harvest Moon in Staxel."
- Michael Fossbakk, Gameranx
- "Staxel: A Grow-o-Explore-a-Decorate-y-Social RPG"
- Alice O'Connor, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Request Press Copy
Staxel allows for the contents of Staxel to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Staxel is legally & explicitly allowed by Staxel. This permission can be found in writing at Video Monetization Statement.
Bart van der Werf
Project Lead, Programmer
Mariana Graham (RazzleberryFox)
Ioseff (Joe) Griffith
Content Lead, Programmer & Writer
Marketing & PR